How to enter photo(s) in the Littleton Calendar Photo Contest
Read through the entry instructions, then click on the entry form button at the bottom of the page.
Deadline to enter the 2023 contest is September 23 at 5 p.m. Photos will be judged by members of the Littleton Fine Arts Board.
Who may enter
The photo contest for the Littleton Calendar is open to everyone. Each photographer may enter up to five (5) photographs, but only one (1) photograph per photographer may win. Photographers may only submit their own photographs. There is no fee to enter the contest.
How to enter
The Littleton Calendar Photo Contest entry process is all online. All images can be submitted using the online entry form at the bottom of this page.
Only horizontal images taken in, or associated with, the City of Littleton will be considered. Check the location address with the Address Wizard to be sure the photo was taken within the Littleton city limits. Many areas have a Littleton mailing address, but are not in the city limits. For example, neither Roxborough Park nor the Denver Botanic Gardens at Chatfield are in the city limits.
There are no photo categories. Seasonal, event, or holiday-themed photos are encouraged.
- Up to 5 photos may be submitted per photographer. Only one photograph per photographer may win.
- Photo dimension must be at least 12″ wide x 9″ high @ 300 dpi (3600w x 2700h pixels) or larger.
- Photos must be horizontal or “landscape” format; vertical photos will not be considered.
- Max file size is 20 megabytes per photo.
- Use “highest” JPG quality for best results.
- Do not add watermarks, dates, logos, names, etc. to photographs.
Rename your photos BEFORE you enter!
- DO NOT use generic filenames such as image1.jpg. Original (camera) filenames are not acceptable. Photos submitted with camera filenames may be disqualified.
- Description must match photo.
- File name format (include season):
- Correct example (include season):
Image descriptions and locations
The Upload Photos section on the entry form includes a season, description, and location field for each photo entered. Describe the entries carefully, including the filename (see naming requirements above) and the Littleton address or location where the photo was taken.
Judging will take place within a few weeks following the submission deadline. Members of the city’s Fine Arts Board will judge the photographs and choose 13 winners — one for each month and one for the calendar cover.
Winners receive $25 cash, 10 calendars and publicity via news releases and distribution of approximately 7,750 calendars to the community. Winners will be notified by phone and/or email after judging has been completed.
Photo release terms
All photographers must agree to a Permanent Photo Release before their entry can be submitted. All images must be released for reproduction in the calendar and possible future publications. Photographers maintain personal rights to their photograph; the city is not licensed to release the image to a third party. A model release form is not required.
All contest winners will be required to submit a completed IRS Form W-9 with their entry.
For questions or more information, email email@example.com.